Do You Have the Right IT Shopping List?
Many of our clients come to us with existing hardware and software platforms… or rather, they come to us when the technology they have stops working. That’s understandable, but it’s also not the most efficient way to maximize your technology budget. That’s because a good IT team can help you to find and procure the right technology and communications systems from the very beginning, and can probably save you a lot of money in the process.
If you haven’t worked with an IT consulting team in the past to develop your “technology shopping list”, you might be surprised at what kind of difference it can make. Here are just a few ways an outsourced IT vendor can help you choose the right hardware and software:
- With IT planning. If you begin with a budget and a sense of what you want your technology to actually do, your IT provider can help you find the most reliable and cost-effective solutions on the market.
- By making sure you find tools with the right compatibility. You don’t want to set up a new server or software system only to find that it doesn’t work correctly with what you already have.
- By helping with installation and configuration. In a similar way, even the best technology isn’t very effective (or won’t be for long) if it isn’t set up properly. Bringing in an outsourced IT team from the start is a good way to make sure you’re getting the most from your purchases.
- By utilizing vendor relationships and discounts. As industry insiders, we sometimes have access to deals that aren’t available to other types of clients. That means we could get you a better rate on your technology than you could find elsewhere.
- By getting familiar with your technology. An often-overlooked benefit of having an IT team help you pick out your technology is that they’ll already know your hardware and software if you need support or assistance later. That means fewer billable hours, and less time sorting out the nature of a problem before it gets resolved.
Buying technology is often a bit trickier than it first seems, and the last thing you want to do is go into the project with an open budget and vague sense of what you’re hoping to purchase. By working with a solid IT consultant, you put a lot of experience and expert opinions on your side. So, whether you’re upgrading your technology or building something from the group up, give us a call so we can help you put together the right technology shopping list.
Comments are closed